Wednesday, January 20, 2010

2010: Oly Lifts

Had a great session up at the University of Utah with their Strength and Conditioning Coach Mike Waller. Mike is a USA-W certified O-lifting coach as well as having a litany of other accolades.

In the matter of an hour he corrected some of my technique flaws. I struggled primarily with having too much of an acute angle prior to my second pull in the Power Clean. He also helped me work on my "double knee bend" or scoop, so that I could synchronize all of the separate pulls into one cohesive, explosive, violent movement

it ended up being a session of singles and doubles @ 225# (or 100kg) of C&j (Clean and Jerks). THe more I learn from Mike about proper body position, the easier I am finding it to throw weight up overhead!

No comments:

Post a Comment