Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday --- STARTING OVER

It is May 10th and I am a couple months out from what I expect to be the most physically demanding challenge of my life! Hence...I have set my mind to re-vamping my workouts and my goals! I am currently 6'2" and at a heavy, blocky 230lbs.

Come the beginning of September I am setting a target weight at 210lbs. I would be okay with coming in lower than that....but I do not want to sacrifice to much strength!

I will try and maintain my 5/3/1 schedule and keep as much top-end strength as possible! There will only be 2 strength sessions a week so I will split up the "Big 4" between these two days!

The rest of the week will consist of one METCON style work with a focus on some Military Athlete workouts which focus on muscle endurance of the legs. There will also be 3-6 mile RUNS and or RUN/SWIM at least twice a week! As the mountains become less snowy and muddy I will turn my runs into TRAIL RUNS to deal with (1) the elevation changes and focus on climbing and (2) get some extra hi-altitude training!

It should be fun!

MONDAY A.M. SESSION

Back Squats 225# x 5 / 245# x 5 / 295# x 5 / 335# x 2 x 3
Bench Press 225# x 2 x 5 /245# x 2 5 / 255# x 5

No comments:

Post a Comment